$2 per person Bus drivers and one teacher per group of 15 are admitted free of charge. Additional chaperones and other persons will be charged $2.00 each.
Please note: This tour is offered to any school group of 15+ children whether public, private or home-schooled, to all groups K-12.
This guided tour takes approximately 30 minutes and leads the group through the first two floors of the house and then into the Exhibit Gallery located in the 6,000-square-foot basement. The group has the option to visit the Museum Gift Shop. If you prefer to remove this option, please let us know when you make the reservation.
- All group tour reservations must be made no less than 48 hours in advance. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Forms of payment accepted are company check, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or cash. Payment must be received on or before the tour date
- Group tour rates are offered to groups including 15 or more people
Please note that Whalehead is a historic property. We ask that all visitors assist us in preserving it for generations to come. Please refrain from:
- Bringing food or beverages inside the house
- Smoking on the porches or near the house
- Touching artifacts and other items in the house
- Leaning on walls or doors and sitting on porch railings
- Photographing the interior
Advance reservations are required for all tours other than the Audio Interpretation Tour. For additional information or to make a reservation, call 252.453.9040 extension 226, or email email@example.com