$5 per person Tour operator and one bus driver are admitted free of charge.
Please note: This tour option has been specifically designed for older groups and groups with mobility issues. It is only offered to groups aged 60+.
This guided tour takes approximately 30 minutes and leads you through the first two floors of the house then into the Exhibit Gallery located in the 6,000-square-foot basement. The Museum Gift Shop is also located on the basement level.
We have alternatives for those who cannot navigate stairs or are otherwise disabled. Please contact us ahead of time so that we may prepare as needed.
All Other Groups
$10 per person
This guided tour lasts approximately ONE hour and takes the group through the first two floors of the house then into the Exhibit Gallery located in the 6,000-square-foot basement. Your guide delves into the history of the house and the Knights and will touch upon history relating to the area and later occupants of the home.
(Daylight Ghost Tour, Behind the Scenes:
Then & Now, and Hunting & Maritime Heritage Tour)
$10 per person $5 per person if added on to Residence Tour
These guided tours take approximately 45 minutes.
- All group tour reservations must be made no less than 48 hours in advance. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Forms of payment accepted are company check, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) and cash. Payment must be received on or before the tour date
- Group tour rates are offered to groups including 15 or more people
Please note that Whalehead is a historic property. We ask that all visitors assist us in preserving it for generations to come. Please refrain from:
- Bringing food or beverages inside the house
- Smoking on the porches or near the house
- Touching artifacts and other items in the house
- Leaning on walls or doors and sitting on porch railings
- Photographing the interior
Advance reservations are required for all tours other than the Audio Interpretation Tour. For additional information or to make a reservation, call 252.453.9040 extension 226, or email firstname.lastname@example.org